ADOPTION APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for your interest in adopting a dog through Key to Lion’s Heart Rescue. Key to Lion’s Heart makes no representation on the breed of the dogs. Our dogs are all rescues and therefore, we cannot guarantee what the mix the dog may have based on parentage. We can only base the breed identification on expreience and do not consider ourselves experts or professionals on any breed of dog.
Once we receive your application we will begin to process it in a timely manner. Submission of your application does not guarantee approval.Our adoption process will include the following components:
1. Checking your personal references. Please be sure to list two personal references that are not related to you.
2. If you do not own your place of residence we will need to call your landlord or leasing office.
3. Veterinarian reference. If you do not have any pets currently in the home, please list the veterinarian you used for any previous pets. We do require all pets in the home to be spayed/neutered as well as up to date on rabies and DHPP vaccines.
4. Phone interview. One of our adoption coordinators will call and speak with you about your application and dog of choice.
5. Home visit from a Key to Lion’s Heart Rescue volunteer.
Once your application is complete you will be notified of your approval to adopt and can take your new dog/puppy home after signing the adoption contract and paying the specified donation fee.
Our fees for puppies up to 6 months is $400 to include age appropriate vaccines (DHPP and Bordatella) and microchip. Dogs 6 months to 7 years old are $350 to include routine vaccines (DHPP, Bordatella, Rabies), spay/neuter (unless unable due to medical) and microchip. All dogs over the age of 7 are $250 to include routine vaccines(DHPP, Bordatella, Rabies), spay/neuter (unless unable due to medical) and microchip.