FOSTER APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for your interest in fostering a dog through Key to Lion’s Heart Rescue. You must live within 55 miles of Derwood, MD to foster with our rescue. Once we receive your application we will begin to process it in a timely manner. Submission of your application does not guarantee approval. Our process will include the following components:
1. Checking your personal references. Please be sure to list two personal references that are not related to you.
2. If you do not own your place of residence we will need to call your landlord or leasing office.
3. Veterinarian reference. If you do not have any pets currently in the home, please list the veterinarian you used for any previous pets. We do require all pets in the home to be spayed/neutered.
4. Phone interview. One of our foster application coordinators will call and speak with you about your application.
5. Home visit from a Key to Lion’s Heart Rescue volunteer.
Once your application is complete you will be notified by a foster coordinator to discuss the fostering program and answer all of your questions.